The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare.- We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. -But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen.- Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers.- They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow.- This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking a Zone Transport Manager to join the team in the Muscatine Plant with responsibility for the Pekin terminal as well.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
• Lead and manage daily Transportation Operations for assigned location(s) by providing properly trained and prepared driver and equipment resources to insure continuous product supply to Linde customers. Typical location will make and deliver multiple product lines.
• Lead cross functional support teams on continuous improvement projects and initiatives. Significant involvement with all Logistics action plans to support Regional Supply network.
• Exercise visible leadership with respect to local implementation of global/national/regional safety programs and initiatives. Champion and manage the SHEQ Activity, i.e. Safety meetings, Safety Talks, IMSS/IMS, Site Quality Plan
• Lead incident/injury investigations; seek out and address root cause of accidents, near misses, and potential incidents (good catches). Work closely with SHEQ.
• Recruit and select properly qualified drivers and oversee training to ensure resources are available to meet daily schedule requirements.
• Drive a continuous improvement focus in all aspects of the location management; process and people.
• Provide timely and pertinent feedback to NOC teams to improve daily Transportation operations.
• Implement and support national transport process changes and initiatives.
• Manage and motivate excellent performance and organization of office staff and drivers to support business targets (bid management, vacation coverage, etc.)
• Counsel, coach and discipline employees as necessary regarding performance related issues. Address employee and labor relations issues in collaboration with management and HR; build a successful relationship with the Union Business Agent as applicable.
• Manage the daily hours of service for drivers and ensure compliance with Linde and legal/regulatory requirements
• Develop and implement Productivity Improvement Projects to improve upon Key Productivity Indicators; model High Performance Organization principles
• Manage maintenance programs for vehicles, equipment and customer stations (planning, inventory management)
• Monitor and manage costs at a local level to maintain a cost effective Transportation operation.
• Lead Location Administration - purchase cards, budgeting, customer billing, driver payroll, on board recording systems
• Manage Transportation related SAP processes
• Encourage and demonstrate cross-functional collaboration
• Lead process to ensure after hours coverage for the location to meet customer demands
• Assist in the coordination of response to support the demands of major plant and on-site locations during outages
• Six Sigma certification with emphasis on cross functional and Transport specific improvement projects
• Provide mentoring support for newer or less experience Transport Managers in respective region
• Lead project implementation initiatives for new technology including on-site training and support
• Associates Degree - Technical
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory role
• College degree preferred
• Prior experience in Union operation preferred
• Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and Hazmat regulations
• Knowledge of National Labor Relations Board regulations (preferred)
• Familiar with PM based maintenance programs
• Strong degree of computer literacy
• Familiarity with Linde Distribution systems a plus (Gold, XATA, NeXIS)
• Good communication skills - must be able to effectively communicate with office staff, drivers and senior management
• Must have strong coaching skills
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development - all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.