|Distribution Area Manager- Nike
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||04/21/17||Company:||Nike Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Experience:||Entry Level||Mailing Address:|
Our client is Nike Inc. is an innovative, $25B, internationally recognized, Fortune 200 apparel company with an extensive supply chain, international and domestic transportation, and retail network. They are seeking a Distribution Center Area Manager for their Memphis distribution center.
The Area Manager will be responsible for a team of supervisors and assure that all departmental safety, service, quality and financial objectives are met or exceeded.
• Lead the group by demonstrating true commitment to continuous process improvement
• Direct business processes to receive, store, process, and ship product timely and accurately to customers while optimizing operational results.
• Analyze performance data for the purpose of implementing key decisions around service, operations and overall logistics.
• Assist and encourage continual improvement processes focused on making the operation more effective and flexible.
• Initiate and lead projects to improve the operation utilizing project management tools.
• Specific activities include recruitment and selection, person to person developmental and coaching discussions, performance reviews, salary administration, professional/managerial training, HRP implementation of managers and including CFE administration.
• Initiate cross-functional improvements, provide feedback, and help other areas as needed.
• Actively contribute to the distribution management team by assisting in the development of distribution goals and objectives, working effectively across departmental boundaries within the operation and manage the overall shift and departmental production/efficiency goals.
• Assist in the development of the annual departmental budget necessary to achieve the targeted goals while aggressively pursuing the high standards of Customer Service.
• Bachelor's degree in business management preferred.
• 3 year's operations management experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of automated distribution systems.
• Experience with budget management and accountability.
• Project management skills preferred in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong analytical and innovative skills for strategic planning, thorough decision-making, and problem solving and ability to work well under tight business driven deadlines.
• Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills, ability to lead other and influence at various levels of the organization.
• Competitive Executive Base and Bonus Program