|Assistant General Manager- Nike
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||04/21/17||Company:||Nike Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||>10 years||Mailing Address:|
Our client, Nike is an innovative, internationally recognized, Fortune 200 apparel company with an extensive supply chain, international and domestic transportation, and retail network. They are looking for an Assistant General Manager to assist in the operations of their 1.2 million square foot state of the art, high volume distribution center.
The Assistant General Manager will direct all aspects of a multi-shift operation by providing leadership through Operations Directors, ensure flawless performance and results, execute functional business plans and contribute to the development of operational strategies throughout the supply chain.
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
• Research, design and implement innovative processes and procedures that will foster improvement of the logistics operation and service.
• Educate staff on statistical methods for process and performance assessment and analyze performance data.
• Facilitate and encourage continual improvement processes to make the operation more effective and flexible.
• Select, motivate, develop, and evaluate the Operations Management team, including recruitment and selection, person-to-person development, performance reviews, salary administration, professional/managerial training, and Human Resource Process implementation of managers.
• Build and maintain an interdependent relationship with all functional areas within the facility and engage in cross-functional collaboration with all supply chain functional groups.
• Create and conduct high-profile presentations and effectively represent distribution logistics throughout the company.
• Direct business processes to receive, store, process, and ship product to customers in an accurate and timely manner, while optimizing operational results.
• Participate in and influence Supply Chain and Operations Logistics Strategy agendas from a Distribution perspective and communicate and coordinate distribution initiatives.
• Increase Distribution visibility through effective communication with leadership and throughout the organization.
• Responsible for the development of and adherence to an annual operations budget.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or a related discipline
• 10 years of progressive management level operational experience
• Must have multi-level, broad-range distribution experience involving pick and pack and shipping in a fast-paced, high volume, state of the art automated facility.
• Must have experience with multiple distribution centers and / or a high volume facility: 800K SF+
• E-Commerce/Big Box Retailer experience is preferred
• Experience with Change Management and Lean Principles.
• Must have demonstrated working knowledge of Supply Chain Logistics, including the following:
o Demand Planning
o Distribution Requirements Planning
o Inventory Management
o Manufacturing Planning
o Material Planning
o Inventory Control
o Transportation and Logistics Planning
o Customer Service
• Must have knowledge of current industry best practices and process improvement
• Must understand distribution center technical operations (APICS), statistical process control, data analysis, and budgeting
• Competitive Executive Base and Bonus Program
• Full Executive Benefits
• Relocation Assistance