|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Experience:||Entry Level||Mailing Address:|
The duties and responsibilities of the Operations Supervisor are to oversee the terminal dock staff, procedures and freight movement during assigned shift. Plans, directs, and coordinates, through dock supervisors, and dock workers and drivers, movement of freight according to customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports directly to Operations Manager and Terminal Manager
• Maintain and administer consistent policies regarding dock and driver operations during assigned shift.
• Directly supervises shift leads, dockworkers, drivers and support personnel at the terminal
• Schedules and assigns tasks for dock planning and setup
• Ensures timely pickup and delivery of freight and verifies freight for all billing
• Observes loading of trucks for proper handling and distribution of freight for transport
• Interview and make recommendations for hiring as well as performance issues/write ups and termination in coordination with Operations Manager.
• Manage a team of leaders and staff to ensure that freight is loaded and unloaded in a manner that is cost effective, efficient and provides a high level of customer service.
• Assigns OH staff to specific duties, such as verifying amounts of and storing incoming and outgoing freight and assembling customer orders for delivery.
• Using the AS400, run regular reports and conduct analysis on an ongoing basis to ensure that that equipment and personnel are in the right place at the right time.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
• 3 years' experience in supervisor role in a freight environment, ideally in a an LTL organization
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team of non-exempt employees.
• Proven leadership, team building and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Ability to influence a variety of levels within an organization without official authority.
• Excellent communication and negotiation. Ability to work successfully across the organization and resolve issues.
• Basic PC proficiency and experience using MS Office products. AS400 experience preferred but not required.
• H.S. diploma or GED/equivalent. Some college preferred
**Relocation costs can be reimbursed!