This position is for local residents only.
Industrial Electrician required for Automated warehouse
As an Industrial Electrician you will demonstrate the company mission and values through your knowledge, skills and expertise in combination with your education and training, to troubleshoot work stoppages with automated cranes, conveyors and motors for electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
While following a preventative maintenance schedule for electrical and mechanical equipment, you will report and record using an electronic maintenance program and work in collaboration with the Operations team to ensure repairs are completed efficiently with minimal downtime as this serves our mission and company values.
Other duties include:
- Operational Support and Trouble Shooting
- Regular system inspections for performance, monitoring and manipulation and adjustment of automated system controls
- Unplanned electromechanical maintenance and repairs
- Electrical, mechanical and PLC root cause analysis, fault finding and diagnosis, as well as recovery and resolution
- Analysis of component failures and single point of failure prevention and recurrences using system information
- Establish and improve inspection methods and component/process improvements
- Follow maintenance cleaning schedules to maintain plant cleanliness
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance as per structured maintenance schedule
- Document and complete planned repairs, measuring and recording data on control values
- Inspect and repair/replace electrical/mechanical wear and tear parts inclusive of cleaning and lubrication
- Control and adjustment of the following: parameters and component set up, positioning accuracy and times, scanner, bus, scales and measuring barriers, light sensor and switches cabinet, power supply and power rail
- Control and replacement of wearing components (i.e. guides, bearing, wheels) , adjustable components (i.e. belts, chains, cables)
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma/or GED with post-secondary education in a skilled trade technology program through the Ontario College of Trades and hold a Certificate of Qualification , Licensed Millwright or Industrial Electrician and experience with both electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a maintenance role preferably in an industrial environment with production and/or manufacturing with both mechanical and electrical repair.
- Strong mechanical maintenance and repair skills with experience using wiring diagrams, symbols and electrical measuring, experienced with AC up to 400/480 volt and DC up to 24 volt
- Workable computer skills with knowledge of electrical/mechanical drive technology (i.e. motors and gears) and control technology (i.e. controls/inverter)
- Professional work attitude, with self-motivation, have strong leadership abilities using critical thinking processes and have willingness to learn and to demonstrate the company mission and core values.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with excellent time management and well organized
- Physically able to lift 30 lbs. unassisted, climb ladders, cranes and work at heights that exceed 50 feet and able to work in conditions at -25c temperature.
Apply Online Below