Our client is seeking a Production Supervisor for their manufacturing plant.
This position contributes to the success of a manufacturing distribution plant by directing the production team to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to cost, line efficiencies, waste, safety and productivity. The Production Supervisor must convert departmental objectives into achievable tasks at the execution level. You will set production performance standards and align the organization to achieve standards. This individual is responsible for managing in a union or non-union environment and developing a team of employees.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Applies knowledge of processes, equipment and system capability to set challenging individual and facility standards
- Develops Annual Operating Plan with the Manager for Production
- Coaches employees to achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization and quality.
- Manages direct and indirect controllable costs to meet overall cost index target.
- Tracks key performance indicators/costs, anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel
- Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility for production, maintenance, and quality control
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety regulations.
In order to qualify for this role you must have:
- Previously been in a Production role.
- Bachelor's degree is an asset but not required. Engineering or related field preferred but not required
- Minimum 3-5 years leadership experience in manufacturing
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a management position
- Must possess strong skills, knowledge and capability in Lean Manufacturing, Finance and Accounting, Project Management, and Problem Solving.
- Working knowledge of the following business enterprises: HSE/Quality regulatory compliance, Processing/Packaging/Warehouse Operations, Maintenance and Engineering, Production Planning &
- Deployment and Consumer Response, Excellent communication, facilitation and influence skills.
- Experience developing/coaching hourly and supervisory staff preferred.
- Demonstrated Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage a 2 shift operation
- Experience in consumer packaged products or similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
- Analytic Troubleshooting trained, with verifiable strength in designing and improving work processes & procedures.
Apply Online Below