The Safety Manager is the lead person in risk management, whose focus will be analyzing, implementing, coaching, monitoring and the compliance of all required safety regulations, policies and procedures. Substantial knowledge of DOT regulations, as the primary function of this position is to assure strict compliance with all Federal Highway regulations pertaining to hours of service, including training and education of drivers, monitoring of hours of service levels with daily reporting, counseling of drivers on audit discrepancies. Additionally, this position encompasses other critical safety functions such as accident investigation, drug & alcohol testing, claims management, reporting, and prevention.
- Provide focused safety leadership and direction.
- Develop and drive strategic initiatives designed to continuously improve safety processes.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with safety related governmental agencies and trade associations.
- Ensure safety program is applied consistently.
- Compliance with all Federal, State, and Local rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of all vehicle accident records as well as the processing of those claims with our insurance provider.
- The Maintenance of all 391 files.
- Administer a drug & alcohol-testing program that adheres to all government requirements.
- The management and maintenance of our driver logs.
- Permits, Registrations, and 2290..
- Training compliance in the following areas, drug and alcohol, D.O.T. regulations, and accident prevention.
- Coordination/creation of driver training program.
- The management of vehicle accident / damage costs & prevention.
- Collect and analyze accident statistics and make recommendation for enhancements of existing programs and training.
- Coordination of all driver safety meetings.
- The process of evaluating accidents to determined chargeability.
- Establishing a driver safety committee.
- Providing written monthly training material for drivers as well as providing quarterly article for company newsletter.
- Development of standardized training/testing for all new drivers during on boarding process.
- Insure that new hire on boarding and driver training program is providing the necessary training so that new hires can perform their job without incident.
- Keep all management and employee current with all changes in government regulations and requirements.
- Provide and oversee performance and development feedback for all driver personnel.
- Coordination/creation of driver training program
- Provide monthly statistical reporting to management regarding all safety key performance indicators for department.
- 5 to 7 years of progressive fleet/safety experience required.
- History of demonstrated performance, innovation, and leadership.
- Experience in implementation of safety programs and processes, including accident prevention, driver training, and regulatory protocols.
- BS Degree, safety, transportation or related field preferred.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes company matching on 401k, dental and medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription coverage, life and AD&D insurance, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Apply Online Below