The Operations Manager is accountable for the overall warehouse operation, which receives and stores, moves and ships supplies, stock and materials to and/or from the warehouse. Manage the overall operation and ensures the safe and effective storage and distribution of customer goods on time and without damage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical tasks performed include a combination of the following:
Manage all aspects of the warehouse operation, with safety of employees and efficiency of the operation being the priority. Tasks and duties include:
- Determine compliance with laws, regulations, and/or standards and complete appropriate documentation as required
- Ensure all material-handling equipment, structures or materials are maintained, including regular safety inspections
- Oversee all warehouse activities, including:
- Opening and closing of the warehouse,
- Responding and Reporting to safety alarms and procedures
- Oversee security and general upkeep of warehouse, including regular maintenance of equipment
- Ordering and organizing warehouse supplies
- Training of employees
- managing conflict and discipline when necessary
- motivating and inspiring team to optimize performance both individually and collectively, to build morale and reduce turnover
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on your team, as well as cross-functionally
- keeping all lines of communication open with each entity of Seafrigo
- Be accountable to the customer for both quality and quantity of output and resolve any problems, ensuring that potential customer complaints are escalated
- Continuously monitor effectiveness of the warehouse-operations strategies aimed at reducing operating costs
- Knowledge in temperature controlled warehousing/refrigeration 3PL facilities.
- WMS experience is preferred.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficient in MS Office products, such as: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to read, write and understand English.
Call 201.770.1143 or Apply Online Below