Customer Service Specialist
Estes Final Mile, a wholly owned subsidiary of Estes Express Lines, was launched in 2016 to address the growing demand for final mile delivery of consumer and retail goods to residences and businesses across the US. At Estes Final Mile, our focus is on providing a world class customer delivery experience through the use of our technology enabled delivery network, resulting in industry leading service unmatched in the Industry.
The Specialist, Customer Service, reports directly to the Supervisor, Customer Service. The Specialist, Customer Service, is responsible for maintaining expected service level of all EFM shipments, updating shipments with the most accurate and timely status, and ensuring quality of service provided to EFM customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Track, trace and monitor Estes Final Mile shipments and update the status with complete notes.
- Perform clerical processes related to the Estes Final Mile business. Process routine customer information in support of transportation, billing and/or collection efforts.
- Monitor the Web, fax, and voice mail for service provider updates.
- Maintain data for specific customers, markets, products and/or processes as required.
- Assist and support coordinators, supervisors and managers with various business needs.
- Communicate to Estes Final Mile Coordinator or Supervisor any issues or problems that may put a shipment in jeopardy of failure.
- Complete outbound calls to consignees requesting a delivery follow up.
- Appropriately identify and resolve consignee issues.
- Confirm charges from service providers as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with conditions that need special and accessorial charges and ensure that all costs and charges are complete and accurate.
- Work to find new ways to enhance or drive efficiencies in the customer and end user experience through continuing process improvements.
- Manage and maintain Terminal and Agent relationships in assigned market(s).
- Perform miscellaneous job functions to assist with operations, sales efforts, contracts and billing.
- Support and promote company core values.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Comply with company C-TPAT and TSA security procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 0-2 years of experience. 1-3 years of experience in the Transportation/Freight Forwarding or Customer Service industries desired. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based, and job specific software applications.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develops individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others' efforts.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Read, analyze and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of customers and employees.
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents.
- Ability to write routing reports and general business correspondence.
- Ability to work with peers and communicate basic concepts.
- Must be comfortable on outbound phone calls.
- Ability to solve practical problems through standardized solutions that require limited judgment.
- Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve routing problems.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- At this time, EFM will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- EFM prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
EFM offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Apply Online Below