|Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level
Flat Rock, MI
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Perform minor component repair and all aspects of preventative maintenance on the newest and best maintained fleet of power, refrigerated and non-powered truck and trailer equipment in the industry.
We have industry leading vehicle maintenance and repair technology, tools and experts in the maintenance field and industry. You will receive state of the art training each year on a variety of OEM equipment. Many of our technicians have been trained and certified through Penske's Technician Certification Program which is ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified as a CASE (Continuing Automotive Service Education) provider.
-Vehicle component lubrication and replacement
-Electrical system repairs
-Cooling system maintenance
-Perform basic vehicle diagnostics
Penske values the well-being of our employees and their families. That's why we offer competitive wages and a wide range of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug card, 401K and pension plans, flexible dependent care and medical spending accounts, spouse and child life insurance, employee referral bonus, and discounts with Penske partners.
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational or Technical certification preferred
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
- A valid driver's license is required, and, must either possess a CDL or have the ability to obtain a CDL license required
- Must have a Positive attitude and willingness to grow in position
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel within district (close geographical area), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, GE Capital Holdings and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 250,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.