This position is for local residents only.
Supervisor Logistics and Courier Service
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation's Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state's largest integrated children's network, the state's largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area's largest home health care companies, and the region's largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.
Advocate/ACL Laboratories is jointly operated by Wisconsin-based Aurora Health Care and Advocate Health Care. Created via a merger of several established laboratories, ACL continues a 40-year tradition of providing a full range of lab services. We able to draw on the resources two major health care systems which uniquely positions us to provide superior service on a wide range of clinical and analytical testing, including molecular diagnostics.
- Advocate Award Winning: Advocate Healthcare is voted the "Top 100 Best Places to Work" by the Chicago Tribune, multiple years in a row
- Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401k match, pension plan, etc.
- Growth potential. Over 65% of leadership positions are filled by Advocate/ACL employees.
- Employee – Centric: ACL Laboratories is the largest hospital system laboratory in the United States consisting of two central labs, one in Rosemont, IL and one in West Allis, WI.
- ACL Laboratories: Located just off I-294, the Rosemont Central Laboratory offers easy access by Metra, CTA (L-train and bus) and has free parking.
Directly responsible for supervising ACL's Logistics courier operations, addressing timely and accurate pickup and transportation of specimens in a 24/7/365 environment across the Advocate service markets. This includes but is not limited to efficiently creating, adjusting and managing routes hiring and training of staff and maintaining a high level of employee satisfaction within the workgroup.
10:00AM – 6:30PM
- Provide back-up leadership and operational excellence for the ACL Logistics Database and Central Dispatch operations to ensure the highest level of performance and service levels.
- Provide leadership and operational excellence for the ACL Logistics operations to ensure the highest level of performance and service levels. This includes planning, directing and coordinating 24/7/365 Logistics services for ACL, Advocate, and external customers. Operates independently in aggressively completing projects, to meet compliance, quality, and service commitments.
- Provide leadership and operational excellence for the ACL Logistics Courier operations to ensure the highest level of performance and service levels. Plan, direct and coordinate 24 hour/7day per week Logistics services to ensure timely, accurate, cost - effective and customer oriented services at all time.
- Document and monitor activities related to the preparation of required data and reports.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience in logistics/courier services
- 5 years of practical experience in Logistics, transportation, or healthcare related field.
- Knowledge of routing principles and route planning.
- Some lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Good communication, problem-solving, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer routing software
- Working knowledge of procedures and equipment used in sections supervised.
Apply Online Below