Contract Logistics – Operations Manager, Warehouse
With more than 66.000 employees at 1,000 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management services.
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff designs solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for directing the daily activities of the warehouse including labor scheduling, supervision and the proper utilization of manpower, equipment and space. This successful incumbent can be assigned to either the Brampton or Mississauga location.
- Develop and direct programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation of facility
- Plan and schedule all distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance, to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner
- Ensure current and accurate inventory management
- Plan long range labour requirements based on sales forecasts and input from direct reports
- Plan, prepare and lead warehouse tours
- Monitor the space layout plan to ensure it continues to meet company standards
- Comply with all Health / Safety / Security programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property
- Strive for continuous improvements in all facets of warehouse operations
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of reports regarding warehouse operations
Manage and develop customer relationships:
Ensure proactive approach to relationship management, (e.g. frequent visits, phone calls)
Identify continuous improvements and innovations for both internal warehouse operations and customer supply chains
Manage KPI's and service level commitments
- Effective management of warehouse space & any idle capacity
- Staffing to target and productivity management
- MHE utilization
- Other direct expense monitoring & controls
- Is fully accountable for the performance of direct reports;
- Ensure direct reports have adequate training;
- Yearly and mid-year performance and development reviews;
- Manage and guide development of direct reports;
- Ensure Warehouse Leaders adhere to policies and procedures in Time and Attendance management (Kronos);
- Direct the operations of the warehouse leader to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Have regular meetings with direct reports and key contacts to ensure all parties are kept informed of current state and items in the pipeline;
- Act as back up or arrange for a backup of Warehouse and Customer Service Leaders.
- Degree/Diploma in Business, Logistics or a related field preferred;
- 7+ years' experience in Contract Logistics / 3PL / Distribution Centre / Warehousing environment;
- 5+ years management experience in a high volume, fast paced Distribution centre / Warehouse environment;
- Proven proficiency and working knowledge of multiple WMS technologies;
- Experience in organizing scale labour force for 80+ resources;
- Proven proficiency in an automated warehouse environment;
- Strong knowledge of occupational health and safety and employment standards legislation, and of common workplace hazards and associated controls ;
- Experience in consolidation center environment is considered an asset;
- Back end manufacturing logistics experience is considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills, including full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel);
- Ability to work various shifts when required in a 24/7 environment.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
At this time, we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship.
No agencies or phone calls, please. Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Kuehne + Nagel Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Online Below