|Supply Chain Intern - Business Management
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/11/17||Company:||Kuehne + Nagel North America|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
Supply Chain Intern - Business Management
The goal of Kuehne Nagel's internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in real-world, business-driven environment. The Supply Chain Intern will collaborate with a diverse team of professionals to identify opportunities for continuous improvement projects and support existing initiatives, for the Business Management function. The Intern will compile information available from internal performance metrics, customer reports, process mapping and other sources to develop quantitative and qualitative support for project proposals. The Intern will assist with project management, analysis and internal process improvement initiatives. Apply theoretical knowledge in the area of preparing reporting in support of business management activities.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Solid understanding of supply chain business functions including transportation, inventory control, warehousing, purchasing, and customer service.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Your skills and experience
* Pursuing a Supply Chain/Business related MBA degree
* Two years of work experience in logistics, transportation or supply chain management
* One year work experience with data analytics
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Excellent academic credentials
* Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills are a key trait for this position
* Proficient with computers including the following applications: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook and Visio
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
With over 74,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Reference Number: req28762
Kuehne Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.