Warehouse Operations Manager
The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Develop and direct programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility and equipment.
* Plan and schedule all distribution services including receiving, storing, sequencing, delivery to the production area, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner.
* Plan long range labor needs based on production forecasts and input from management.
* Make recommendations to General Manager (GM) on programs to improve operations.
* Attend forecast and productions meetings with customer.
* Interact with GM and Operations Supervisors/Shift Leaders to establish goals.
* Develop a space utilization plan to meet prescribed cost and services standards.
* Monitor the space layout plan to ensure it continues to meet company standards.
* Develop and implement an effective product locator system and update as necessary.
* Direct the operations of the supervisory personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
* Develop procedures to ensure the efficient operation and utilization of all operational & material handling equipment.
* Develop, implement and direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property.
* Create and manage housekeeping program in facility.
* Ensure current and accurate inventory control for each storage area.
* Assure that production orders are picked, sequenced, and delivered timely and within prescribed cost levels.
* Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of reports regarding distribution operations.
* Work with customer to develop smooth flow of product into the facility for both storage and delivery to production areas.
Your skills and experience
* Five years of management experience in a faced-paced warehouse/production logistics environment.
* Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills.
* Proven proficiency in an automated warehouse environment, working knowledge of WMS technologies.
* Successful track record in leadership and supervising the work of subordinates.
* Successful communication - written and verbal
* Establish priorities and multi-task
* Possess professional business demeanor
* Material handling equipment and personal computers with good working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
* Very organized / Methodical
* Critical / Analytic / Objective
* Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment* Minimum: High School or Technical degree
* Desirable: Bachelor's degree in business discipline or logistics
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions.