|Senior Manager Customer Demand Innovation
East Hanover, NJ
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/13/17||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondel z International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you'll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working from farm to shelf, you'll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
Our North America Integrated Supply Chain (NA ISC) has as its mission to become a top tier Customer centric powerhouse within the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry. We will achieve this by delivering best in class service and joint value creation to reshape the supply chain from plant to shelf. We can only accomplish this if we engage our Customers differently than we have before. We will need to build strong, collaborative and strategic partnerships that maximize our joint supply chain assets to generate incremental revenue opportunities, and reduce costs and cash flow for both parties.
The purpose of the supply chain is to make our products available for the shopper to buy whenever and wherever they want to buy them. But the ability to respond nimbly to changing shopper demands is challenging, and requires superior Customer sales and supply chain collaboration. An opportunity exists within Mondelez' (MDLZ) to adopt a truly customer-centric, demand driven strategy with end to end integrated business planning processes. A fully integrated planning approach is the fastest way to improve availability, while operating in a reduced inventory, low operating cost environment.
The Customer Demand Management Innovation lead is responsible for developing a Customer demand management process for joint forecasting, promotional event planning, new product launches and item management to support service excellence. He/she will apply rigorous root cause analysis of key service drivers to drive improvements in our Customers' forecasting, ordering and replenishment processes.
As we evolve to a better understanding of our Customer's demand and replenishment processes, and put a process in place
to further integrate Customer demand, the position responsibilities will evolve to include initiatives such as product segmentation, life cycle management and joint business planning. Through a deeper integration of demand and supply planning with our Customers, we will see an even wider range of financial benefits to include higher revenue, improved profit margins, lower inventory, perfect order performance and a shorter cash-to-cash cycle time.
The position is closely linked with the MDLZ demand and supply planning functions, and will represent the Customer
voice in our internal planning processes. The position will also work closely with the On-Shelf Availability (OSA) platform
lead to better leverage retailer POS data to improve in-store forecast execution. This includes identifying the required technology, and developing the strategy and execution plan to tie POS data to current Demand Planning processes.
He/she will represent MDLZ in Industry and organizations and continuously evolve the platform by staying on top of industry trends, marketplace dynamics and Customers' changing supply chain needs and priorities.
1. Assess current opportunities to improve Customer inputs to forecasting and replenishment processes. Develop a joint demand management process with assigned Customers' by Channel to improve replenishment service.
2. Benchmark current processes vs the industry standard, and redesign to deliver best in class service. Such programs include vendor managed inventory (VMI), collaborative planning forecasting and replenishment (CPFR) and Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO).
3. Develop understanding and expertise in retailers demand sensing strategies and technologies for possible integration with Mondelez demand and supply planning processes and tools to help us manage the effects of market volatility and to capitalize on first-response to shape demand and strategy.
4. Lead or participate in cross-functional Supply Chain projects that impact customers, specifically related to on-shelf replenishment, planning and execution.
5. Next Generation program development and evolution, including collaboration framework, knowledge sharing, best practices and training across functions.
6. 25% travel required
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
1) Extended member of Demand Planning and Product Supply COE teams; staff meeting participation;
2) Daily interaction with National Customer Supply Development Lead and other Customer teams as needed
3) Customer Service Organization / Shared Services (Order to Cash, BPM)
1) Leadership role with Customer forecasting and replenishment teams;
2) Active participation in industry forums;
3) Partner supply chain industry organizations, to stay on top of latest trends, best practice sharing (ie. Gartner)
Examples include: net revenue; annual department/operating budget; annual sales volume of unit; and other numbers which reflect the nature of the work.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE (4 YR)
MASTER'S DEGREE (Preferred)
Major: Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Administration
1. Performance-Driven Leader with Strong Financial Acumen: Constantly has an eye towards the bottom-line impact of recommended strategies and pushes back on initiatives that do not tie into strategy. Well organized and rigorous in prioritization of issues and projects. Able to size up a challenge, drill down on the aspects requiring action and turn these insights into solutions. Leads the team to achieve challenging and stretch performance targets that go significantly beyond previous levels.
2. . Collaborative Team Player: Must be a skilled listener who is straightforward, articulate and open in communication with others. He/she will possess the energy and fact-based persuasive skills to drive positive change throughout the company, working well cross-functionally across the organization by listening, learning and evaluating first. He/she will seek to understand what has worked in the past and how to position the organization for continued success. This person will model partnership across the organization and manage through conflict to drive alignment.
3. Strong Leadership and Strategic Thinking Skills: Pragmatic strategist, team-builder, collaborator and proven executor. Must be a respected leader within Customer Service and Logistics who is seen as a catalyst in the organization and can organize, orient and motivate cross-functionally within the Integrated Supply Chain functions and Customer and Retail sales for both DSD and Warehouse businesses.
4. Exceptional Verbal and Written Communication Skills: Must possess excellent communication skills and present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner. Can articulate views crisply and convincingly, and adapt his or her style to have the greatest impact on a given audience.
5. Innovation Management: Must have an innovative and creative mindset. Can lead with visionary thinking in the Customer demand management space, proactively researching best in class models and tapping into industry thought leaders to translate big ideas into future strategy.
6. Superior Demand Management Capabilities: Extensive knowledge of customer demand management methods, trends & innovation. Can understand the internal demand, capabilities of internal and external demand management resources and make cost effective decisions to deploy the right solution to exceed customer expectations.
Mondel z Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.