With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondel z International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
The Quality Systems Manager is responsible for all phases of the Quality Program, ensuring that all raw material and packaging materials, in process functions and finished products meet the Company's standards of quality. Responsible for the direction and implementation of the Plant Sanitation and Pest Control Programs. Provides leadership and technical assistance to Plant operations in the areas of food safety and regulatory compliance.
- In conjunction with other departments, creates and monitors QC systems which assure that all in-process and finished goods meet established government, Mondelez and internal specifications, as well as being manufactured in accordance to all Food Safety Measures.
Performs fact-based assessments/audits of Manufacturing Systems ensuring that all records, procedures, processing, packaging and equipment are in compliance with all federal, state and other regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development of new quality/regulatory systems and personnel and also serves as a resource for plant quality and manufacturing functions.
- Responsible for leading facility internal audit process.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable regulations (for domestic products as well as exports) including FDA, Dietary Supplement, and NHPD guidelines (and relevant foreign regulatory bodies).
- Lead the site to achieve the Quality goals and objectives. Evaluate trends of key Quality measures, identify root causes of deviations and implement effective corrective actions.
- Implement effective programs to instill an error prevention and continuous improvement mindset in all colleagues (in support of Total Quality and ISO philosophies).
- Ensure adequate support exists for necessary evaluation of raw materials, finished products, industrial hygiene studies and environmental sampling and testing.
- Promptly investigate all customer feedback, including Consumer and Field Complaints. Develop plans and controls to prevent recurrences.
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or equivalent discipline.
Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing operations, quality or technical field.
Minimum 5 years of experience in a quality leadership role.
Strong Leadership & Change Management skills.
Advanced knowledge of quality systems, procedures, & policies.
Strong Problem Solving, Decision Making and Technical Skills
Exceptional ability to handle multiple assignments, develop work plans & prioritize.
Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma strongly preferred
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.