|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/13/17||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:|
Even if you're not familiar with our name, you've almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world's favorite snacks, we're passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondel z International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We're ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What's more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone's point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It's this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Reporting to the Maintenance Leader, the Maintenance Millwright Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe and efficient manner by servicing, repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting, overhauling, and continuously improving the conditions of the equipment of the production lines. He is responsible for safe and efficient maintenance and proper operation of assigned equipment in order to meet production targets and uphold the highest quality standard.
The Maintenance Millwright Mechanic works with management and fellow employees to eliminate waste, drive performance, and continuously improve their Line's safety, quality, service, and cost. The incumbent will also be responsible for applying Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) Methodology to their specific activities, and East York Bakery as a whole, in order to drive performance and long term growth.
The Maintenance Millwright Mechanic is the backbone of maintaining production equipment lines in a proper, safe and reliable operating condition and to perform as intended specifications. Your dedication, hard work and positive attitude will influence the product for the customer to enjoy.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and conduct preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance programs.
• Perform routine maintenance work, inspection, and identification of abnormalities on equipment.
• Repair/replace defective machinery parts, perform equipment adjustment, and fabricate parts when required.
• Accurately complete paperwork, close WOs, create notification, and PM completion.
• Participate actively in correction of issues using Root Cause Analysis to reduce/eliminate breakdowns.
• Investigate machine malfunctions using testing equipment and technical manual and associated drawings.
• Coach Machine Operators on troubleshooting techniques.
• Other related tasks as required or assigned by Maintenance Leader.
• Comply with company policies and procedures regarding safety, GMP, 5S, and quality requirements.
• Promote good housekeeping and manufacturing practices (setting an example for other employees within the plant) and ensure personnel on the line /area practice good house-keeping, keep their work areas. Cleans and follows 5S practices.
• Report any unsafe, unclean areas, behavior or any problems that could cause substandard quality of production.
• Demonstrates personal and professional integrity.
II.Implementation (CQV/VSU) Period
• Learning the foundational teachings of Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) to apply them to the production line.
• Learning and understanding how to adjust, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair processing and/or packaging equipment in a classroom setting, based on training packages and SOPs.
• Learning, understanding, and participating in maintenance activities on similar equipment at various Mondelez Sister Sites.
• Learning and applying maintenance specific tasks on equipment during the trials and CQV periods of the production line
• Learning and understanding the equipment functionality based on the centerlines established by the Process Engineers, and working with the Management team to help maintain equipment performance during line operation.
• Potentially accompanying VSU teams to Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) to learn and use equipment before the CQV period.
• Assisting in equipment installation in order to ensure proper functioning during the trials and CQV periods in order to achieve VSU.
• Assisting in equipment operations in order to drive performance during the CQV period in order to achieve VSU.
• Supporting VSU team on other activities as needed.
• Constant observation of Line and Product in order to ensure Safety and Quality Standards of Mondelez are upheld.
• Constant monitor of processing and packaging equipment in order to identify any deviation from normal working conditions (i.e. noise, vibrations).
• Identifying any abnormality and deviations in order to avoid breakdowns and losses (i.e. root cause analysis).
• Understanding the inner-workings of the machine and having an intimate knowledge of equipment functionality, components and technical specifications.
• Understanding and applying the concepts of Autonomous Maintenance and Progressive Maintenance to the line through the use of abnormality tags, in order to prevent deterioration of equipment and continue to meet production targets and quality standards.
• Maintenance of the line (i.e. troubleshooting, adjusting and repairing), following LOTO practices all non-routine working compliance in the context of maintenance activities.
• Identifying and troubleshooting any sign of abnormality and malfunctions and communicating major issues accurately to the Maintenance Supervisor for prompt repair or preventing a breakdown (i.e. Progressive Maintenance).
• Perform PM tasks (parts replacement, machine timing and adjustment, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, and identification of any opportunities for improvements and independent realization or assignment (i.e. Kaizens).
• Conduct maintenance activities using SAP and PM programs, execute and follow-up on WOs, provide feedback to Maintenance Planner, creates notifications, identify parts needed base on name plate or label specifications.
• Apply all relevant safety measures in line with IL6S goals (i.e. emergency stop button, protective enclosure). Apply problem solving methods, social and functional skills according to the skill matrix in the context of introduction and consolidation of IL6S.
• Respect and uphold GMP guidelines (i.e. quality requirements, SSE guidelines and environmental consciousness) Maintain personal hygiene; Clean uniforms, hair and beard nets are mandatory for GMP.
IV. Health and Safety
• Understand, promote and apply Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policies and practices throughout the facility to prevent injury, illness and property damage.
• Understand relevant HSE risks associated with the facility and corresponding control measures.
• Communicate and take action on imminent danger situations, hazards, Non-conformities and incident reporting.
• Adhere to relevant HSE programs.
• Participate in HSE programs and controls such as: Behavior Based Safety Programs, Defect Management, and Incident Management.
• Promote and practice safety first philosophy and accident prevention among East York's team.
• Maintain personal hygiene; Clean uniforms, hair and beard nets are mandatory for GMP.
• Ability to follow basic safety on the line/area; including wearing proper PPE.
• Demonstrates attention to safety and GMPs; Demonstrates LOTO protocol when necessary.
• Work in a safe and competent manner, following rules and procedures as required and as outlined in our Health & Safety guidelines.
• Report any unsafe condition to your Line Leader.
• Follow plant food safety and GMP compliance, HACCP program and Allergen Management protocol.
• Use proper tools (including chemical & lubrication) that meet company food safety standard.
• Maintain a clean and hazardous free work area while supporting and promoting company GMP's, Safety, and Mondel z policies.
• Comply with Company policies, procedures and local legislation.
• Report all quality and food safety related issues immediately to the Line Leader or Manager for corrections and corrective actions.
• Awareness of what a quality/in-spec cookie and package looks like.
• Demonstrated awareness and commitment to quality.
• Understand allergens and kosher status and how to handle.
• Good knowledge of HACCP and WHMIS.
• High School diploma (Required).
• Required Industrial Mechanic Trade Certificate/License (e.g.433A).
• College or higher degree in Maintenance Mechanic related field (Preferred)
• Dual ticket: Millwright and Industrial Electrician License (e.g. Red Seal 442A).
• Experience in food /pharmaceutical /and/or consumer goods industries (Preferred)
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a line mechanic in packaging/processing /millwright position.
• Able to troubleshoot equipment, malfunctions, perform machine repair and set up, equipment installation, alignment of High Speed Automated Packaging Machinery (car toner, flow pack wrapper, tray loader, conveyors, scale, metal detector and Bulk Handling and Processing Equipment (Mixers, forming machine, oven, blowers, lifters).
• Able to perform PM tasks (parts replacement, set up machine timing and adjustment, inspection, cleaning lubrication etc.) with min. supervision.
• Good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, vacuum, electric and hydraulic systems and associated equipment and components.
• Able to accurately complete paperwork; close WOs create notification, PM completion.
• Must be able to use hand tools and diagnostic instrument.
• Must be able to read, interpret mechanical drawings and schematics of pneumatic and hydraulic system.
• Knowledge of computerized machinery (e.g. HMI interface, have basic electrical knowledge of electrical circuits, safety and protective devices, electrical control and sensors).
• Familiar with CMMS /SAP; notifications, WOs system.
• Knowledgeable about LOG OUT and TAG OUT procedure and practices.
• Able to comply with PPE requirements and uses proper lifting techniques.
• Familiar with OHSA regarding safety practices and non-routine work permits
• Is adaptable and can learn new tasks and willing to work on shifts as required.
I.Ability To Work In Teams:
• Collaborate with team in order to drive performance.
• Actively and attentively listens, supports others, and positively contributes to a healthy work environment.
• Is sensitive to other's needs and detects when it is necessary to help others; understands and respects different points of view.
II Communication skills
• Able to communicate well with other team members and Management.
• Proficient English reading and writing skills.
• Must be able to follow directions accurately.
III.Meeting Physical Demands
• Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
• Is capable of lifting up to 23 Kg.
• Reaching: Full extension.
• Repetition: Medium.
• Noise: moderate level (high speed packing machine background).
• Vehicle Operations: Pump truck.
• Job requires the physical demands of fast paced moving, bending, crawling and lifting as needed.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.