|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/13/17||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondel z International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
• Manages equipment electrical operating issues; works with equipment suppliers to resolve problems and issues with equipment; oversees and maintains plant electrical systems to maintain a reliable power supply system. Manages and directs the work of on-site contractors when necessary. Troubleshoots and supports scheduled and unscheduled line shut downs. Manages electrical training for existing and new equipment, up-to-date maintenance techniques or regulatory compliance. Upgrades and improves machine programs or equipment to meet production requirements.
• Responsible for the installation and maintenance of electrical services throughout the plant. Works with designs lay out, builds and installs electrical control panels for specialized functions, as may be required to update and improve existing equipment. Installs in a manner acceptable to applicable codes and regulations, maintains and troubleshoots A.C. and D.C. powered components for production equipment in processing and high speed packaging machines while under pressure. Maintains and troubleshoots all A.C. and D.C. machines in plant services, i.e. boiler room equipment, air conditioning equipment, laboratory equipment, cleaning equipment, etc. Works and liaises with mechanical and production personnel as required. Make decisions and prioritize jobs to production requirements. Observe safe practices at all times in the performance of work duties.
• Plan, install and test according to recognized electrical practices and in compliance with the Ontario Hydro Electrical Standards, a variety of apparatus, control equipment, wiring and power equipment for light, power and control systems.
• Use a computer to safely connect to programmable logic controllers (PLC) to troubleshoot machine or process control systems and make required minor programming changes and modifications when requested by the Electrical Supervisor.
• Read and decipher PLC code from manufacturers such as Allen Bradley's RSLogix 5/500/5000, etc.
• Modify graphics for operator interfaces (HMI) using software such as Allen Bradley's Panelbuilder and RSView
• Create new PLC and HMI programs when required.
• Read and understand detailed electrical and electronic schematics.
• Draw simple schematics to record modifications to equipment as required.
• Test various A.C and D.C. motors to determine condition. Take measurements to ensure that leakage resistance is within acceptable levels.
• Use various company meters such as a megohmmeter, temperature calibrator, loop calibrator, power analyzer, etc, to troubleshoot problems in electrical power and control systems.
• Promptly correct any hazardous condition on production equipment
• Troubleshoot all electronic registration systems (e.g. EMP, Honeywell, Sick) to satisfy Quality and operations personnel.
• Carry out additions and alterations on all plant equipment as directed by the electrical supervisor on an ongoing basis, to improve operation and safety of electrical installations and equipment.
• Work with the Mechanical Maintenance Department in troubleshooting equipment to determine problems through proper test procedures and operational checks.
• Maintain and upgrade all plant equipment to Ontario Hydro Electrical Safety Code.
• Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on facility and production equipment as directed through work orders.
• Assist operations in setting up procedures for use in isolating equipment prior to clean up and identifying areas to avoid saturating with water.
• Knowledge and understanding of SOP's and work instructions
• Understand, participate and support all safety programs, policies and initiatives within the manufacturing location
• Understands and follows Ewen Manufacturing food safety systems and procedures
• Responsible for ensuring all packaged product produced meets all GMP and food safety requirements
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor
• College diploma from a technical college or university for electronic technician or electronic instrumentation.
• Valid Ontario Electrician's license (Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Certificate of Qualification) as a Construction and Maintenance Electrician.
• Five to seven years related experience.
• Excellent motor skills and in depth knowledge of programmable logic controllers, operator interfaces and automated process equipment
• Expertise in analytical, logic and fault finding skills in troubleshooting and repair of process/packaging machinery and preventative/predictive maintenance systems
• Good working knowledge of electronic devices and circuits.
• Courses in Allen Bradley and Siemens Programmable Logic Controllers considered an asset.
• Ability to meet physical demands of lifting and maneuvering heavy objects.
• Computer literacy, SAP, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint highly desirable.
• Lift Truck license an asset.
• Sound judgment and problem solving skills.
• Results-oriented and a strong sense of urgency/focus.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.