The Accounts Manager is responsible for directing all customer, quoting, shipment and transportation activities to drive financial and customer service performance of specific accounts. This position directs and influences operational and customer service functions.
Primary Duties :
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction by communicating frequently with customers and following up on customer concerns and requests.
- Confers and coordinates with other departments such as Sales, Accounting, IT and Operations to optimize customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- Establishes and maintains goals based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as prescribed in the client contract.
- Provides rate quotes to origin offices and overseas agents to support the profitability of the accounts.
- Evaluates and reports on customer service operations performance; provides recommended action plans for improvement to Station Manager.
- Proactively manages relationships with outside service providers to achieve the best relationship of price to performance.
- Establishes documents and enforces standard operating procedures for all operations activities for assigned account(s).
- Conducts training for operational employees working on the assigned account(s) in accordance with the SOP.
- Assists origin offices and overseas agents with problem solving and navigation of US Customs regulations for specific commodities.
- Drives timing, accuracy and distribution of all billing on assigned account(s).
- Other duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's degree from a 4 year college or university
- Minimum 4 years of related experience and/or training in Customs Brokerage/Freight Forwarding; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of the movement of freight via air, ocean and truck
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access and Excel
Essential Skills :
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that demonstrate a proven ability to develop relationships with a range of internal and external customers
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.