The Lead Import is responsible for ensuring that Customs' documents are received prior to the arrival of shipments. This position provides customer service, redistributes work load within the team, tracks daily reports and exams, and rectifies accounting issues.
Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Maximizes team productivity by ensuring team is reaching max file count, evaluating ETA of shipment versus need to help other team with late documents)
- Informs management where team can assist or where assist is needed to reduce overtime
- Leads team per client SOP's, follows through on client requests, ACH, post-entry audit, oversees workflow including classification, entry, billing, OGA issues ensuring team efficiency; assess ongoing/additional training needs of team members.
- Assists team members in resolving issues with Customs, OGA's and Carriers Monitors Customs exams to prevent mis-deliveries and to ensure proper handling by account rep Must verify original delivery order was cancelled and new delivery order for delivery to exam site was issued.
- Monitors Entry Status Report to ensure proper handling of Customs holds and exams, and to ensure entries are not being held up in Customs.
- Reviews rejected entries and Post Entry work (SIL, Entry Cancellations) and have them checked by Import Supervisor before returning them to Customs.
- Monitors payables and receivables for all accounts. Ensure account reps are checking for open receivables before making entry. Resolve accounting discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Monitors Entries Not Scanned Report to ensure compliance with office scanning policy.
- Audits all entries before being submitted to Customs and before 10 th day.
- Reviews daily billing to ensure no revenue opportunities are missed and to identify billing problem areas (i.e. multiple billing errors, using wrong codes, etc.)
- Ensures CF28's and CF29's are resolved properly with assistance of Import Supervisor
- Ensures TIB's are closed in a timely fashion and obtain approval from Import Supervisor for new TIB's.
- Ensures all active customers have an accurate customer profile with a valid power of attorney
- Ensures team members have completed Ceridian Time and Attendance by noon on Mondays after payroll - amend any errors and coach where needed
- Notifies appropriate supervisor(s) regarding staff attendance, i.e., tardiness or absence
- Performs direct reports annual reviews
- Enforces dress code
- Ensures staff has completed required training courses
- Ensures team member's in-bins are emptied daily and that team member's desks are kept neat and organized
- Disseminates pertinent information to team members
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 2 years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and training
- Brokerage License preferred
- Ability to apply basic calculations as related to quanities of product picked
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to supervise and/or direct the work of others
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. T he employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat or cold temperatures, or outside weather conditions.