HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker or supervisor.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED,strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2 - 5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Computer experience.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Ability to understand written material and basic math skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members are committed to a common goal.
Job ID 2017-24708
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time