Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
Manage safety and compliance programs to achieve best in industry performance ensuring a safe working environment for all associates and visitors at the Lincolnton Bearing Plant. Initiate, implement, manage, and evaluate safety training, policies, procedures, and methods to ensure they are maintained and comply with all Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations. Oversee and coordinate the activities and procedures of health and safety related programs and committees. Work closely with the leadership team to provide direction regarding health and safety best practices, processes and tools. Lead and/or oversee the effective and timely resolution of safety related concerns and incidents.
- Ensure that safety is the top priority for all Lincolnton associates. Effectively communicate safety performance and improvements to all affected members of the organization.
- Support facility by ensuring safety regulation compliance (regulation interpretation). Represents the company in OSHA inspections, performs facility compliance audits, prepares reports, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations, and standards. Communicate changes to responsible parties and provide education/training to ensure compliance with changes.
- Lead and facilitate teams to conduct investigations, utilizing root cause problem solving, for all significant incidents. Utilize safety background, experience, and expertise to ensure the correct root cause of incidents are identified and effective corrective actions are implemented. Drive actions to completion.
- Ensure associate training and education is complete and up to date to meet safety regulations; and to promote a proactive team safety culture.
- Continually assess, develop/improve, and implement processes (i.e. training, job safety analysis, safety observations, PEP, etc.) to meet the facilities short and long-term safety goals.
- Identify best practices through education and benchmarking.
- Lead or participate in safety related teams/committees. Provides/ensures direction, education, and support for team/committee representatives.
- Maintain facility OSHA compliant Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by:
- Assisting purchasing in contract evaluations
- Ensuring proper accident/incident investigation, documentation, and follow-up.
- Developing and maintaining safety policy procedures/documentation, maintaining complete and up to date safety records (i.e. OSHA, training, Program Evaluation Profile (PEP), inspection, observation, etc.)
- Monitor and maintain safety related expenses
- Direct all site first responders; including annual re-certifications.
- Work with corporate safety team to conduct annual training, audits, risk analysis, best practice sharing, and other activities as required.
Technical/Functional Skills & Experience
Able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- In depth knowledge of OSHA regulations/compliance
- In depth knowledge of Risk Score analysis
- In depth knowledge of Ergonomic analysis
- Knowledge of Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations related to safety
- Experience and skill in conducting safety training
- Technical report writing and data analysis
- Experience participating in, and leading cross functional teams
- Experience in project management
- Basic computer skills, with some use of SAP
Education: Bachelor's Degree with preference given to Safety related majors
Previous Job Experiences: Minimum of 3 years experience in a Health and Safety role, Manufacturing experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.