Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken Gears & Services, Inc. Timken Gears & Services' world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears & Services, Philadelphia Gear (PG) Brand is seeking a Senior Commercial Services & Onsite Technical Services (OTS) Project Analyst to ensure accurate parts and new drive quotes are created for both commercial and government customers and that essential internal customer data is properly recorded within the business system. This position also creates cost work ups to support margin analysis for customized parts and new drive quotes. All data is maintained within the business system. This position also assists in coordination of select commercial aspects of the OTS business. Additionally there are frequent ad hoc project management responsibilities; maintenance of price lists, customer masters, related commercial tools and the complex interaction of all parties' involved in the execution of high value quotes and complex OTS projects. This position reports into the Commercial Services Manager.
- Respond to phone, fax and e-mail customer requests in a timely manner to generate quotes for both Philadelphia Gear and GE Marine opportunities within a defined time line.
- Launch RFQ's to ASL/PSL suppliers for enclosed drive and parts costing efforts.
- Assisting outside sales, service centers and rep's as needed under the guidance of the Manager of Commercial Services with quotations, territory administration, tech manuals, price justifications and other support requested.
- Establish current cost via RFQs, estimation, extrapolation and use of tools including the ASL/PSL for enclosed drive quotations in support of the RSCs both those created in King of Prussia and in the regions under the guidance of the Manager of Commercial Services.
- Based on current costs, quote industrial and military marine parts at margins and respective lead-times appropriate to the commercial context using personal judgment to achieve accretive group margin guidelines using the business system and other online tools and resources including government solicitation sites.
- Work with Commercial Services team members to develop skills in understanding products and quoting spare parts and complete drives.
- Interdepartmental coordinated work with Engineering, Supply Chain, Accounting and OTS as required.
- Maintain, under the guidance of the Manager of Commercial Services, price lists used by the company's Customer Service representatives in creating PG quotations.
- Assist in data gathering and information documentation as required during parts and enclosed drive order entry to assure proper information entered into system.
- Regularly check the Gov't Electronic Document Access (EDA) for new awards, download, and forward to the region service centers for processing.
- Regularly check the Gov't Navy Electronic Commerce Online site (NECO) for new requests for quote, download, and forward to the region service centers for processing.
- Regularly check the Gov't DLA Internet Bid Board System (DIBBS )for new requests for quote, and posting new quotes developed by other team members, copying posts to internal PG VW sites.
- Work in concert with Customer Service Systems and Tools Manager to regularly check / review new bookings for errors, download, and forward to the region service centers for processing.
- Prepare presentations for project solutions on a project-by-project basis to support sales strategy.
- Develop and distribute Order Entry Memos in the business system
- Ensure that customer delivery dates and margin expectations are met.
- Aid in the development of internal and external tools to support OTS efforts.
- Develop project costing and risk analysis for each OTS opportunity and work with VP of Technical Services to develop commercial packages for end-users of the OTS concept including quote preparation. Liaising with suppliers and regional service centers (RSCs).
- Ensure, via communication, project management and coordination, the successful execution of OTS projects post award adapting to the changing business environment as required. Manage and coordinate the complex interaction of RSCs, OTS, suppliers and customers
Key attributes include the ability to multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to work as part of a team. Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software) and strong written and verbal communication skills are required. General knowledge of power transmission systems and products are preferred. The applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of customer service experience, 5 years preferred, and a degree from an accredited college or university.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.