The Network Engineer II is responsible for supporting and engineering solutions for GEODIS' core network infrastructure and devices.
Requirements: Education and Experience
- Analyzes complex network issues and engineers solutions to meet business needs and maintain a reliable and stable network infrastructure
- Notifies the networking team management of critical problems and issues
- Participates in on-call duties according to rotation as well as participating in required after hours maintenance and disaster recovery exercises
- Designs, implements and supports network routers, switches, firewalls, WiFi, VoIP, security, cabling, etc for time sensitive projects.
- Guides and assists the support teams across the company with application issues when necessary
- Documents design and complex support related issues, developing standards and creating step by step procedures
- Participates in special project assignments with other business groups (requires light to moderate travel)
- Prepares for and attends occasional weekly meetings for projects and status
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university or Experience and Certifications equivalence.
- Minimum 4 years experience in an Cisco network implementation/support role
- Minimum 6 years experience in networking/information technology
- Minimum CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Association) level of networking knowledge and experience. CCNP is preferred.
- Experience with QoS for LANs and WANs, Cisco ASA, IPSec VPN's, SolarWinds Orion products, Design/Architectural Networks, Cisco datacenter switching with Catalyst or Nexus.
- Familiar with Visio Design/Architectural network and understanding of a mixture of servers
- High level of proficiency with firewalls, routing protocols, sub-netting, OSI-layered model, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP,
- Excellent customer support skills and experience in vendor management such as: working support cases with services partners or telecommunications providers
- Excellent documentation skills in creation of policies and procedures as well as deep technical writing capabilities
- Solid organizational and prioritizing skills
- Capable of working with limited supervision, and leading other team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Team player, customer service driven
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical users
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions. Occasional travel is required.