Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Account Manager - Torsional Couplings will manage the current business of Torsion Control Products (TCP) with major US construction and agricultural OEMs. They will grow sales by targeting new business areas at these existing customers, as well as new customers in related markets.
- Manage business portfolio with major construction/agricultural OEMs; will include regular visits, relationship development, addressing technical and commercial issues, and new opportunity development and execution
- Develop opportunities with other major construction and agricultural OEMs, as well as regional customers, to drive growth.
- Manage all stages of converting new customer opportunities into sales, both internally and externally, from initiation through to launch.
- Communicating the technical advantages of TCP product
- Collecting detailed information about the customer application and communicating this TCP engineering the customers' needs
- Communicate how TCP product will solve the customer problem
- Understand the customers willingness to pay and recommending target pricing
- Negotiating T&C of the customer contract
Internal reporting and communication, including forecasting, updates on activities, opportunity pipeline and team meetings.
Will be required to travel extensively based on customer requirements (greater than 50%)
Technical/Functional Skills :
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Engineering aptitude to understand and communicate effectively complex powertrain concepts and issues
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts, as would be expected of a degreed mechanical engineer, as well do financial calculations, such as discounts, interest, margins and commissions
- Ability to learn to effectively operate any company software, with training, as well as Microsoft Office
- Effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group setting to customers and other employees
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternate solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously with little direct guidance
- Develop understanding of target markets and trends; assess likely impact on TCP business
- Ability to think strategically and plan work effectively to maximize efficacy and impact
Basic Qualifications :
- Engineering or Business Degree: Bachelor (minimum); Master (preferred)
- Experience in technical sales or application engineering with major construction and agricultural OEMs, preferably within powertrain field: 4 years (minimum); 10 years (preferred)
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions
- Passport Preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.