Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position exists to provide expert knowledge and leadership in the development, application and deployment of advanced thermal treatment technologies. The individual holding this position will be an acknowledged expert in heat treatment of steels and should have a demonstrable history of significant technical accomplishment in his previous assignments. This includes good understanding of ferrous materials and metallurgy along with strong expertise in thermal treatment.
- Conceives, plans, and executes thermal treatment projects working either alone or in collaboration with others to address the needs of the business units or corporate centers. Person in this position is expected to take a lead role in such a collaborative effort. Solutions to these complex problems will frequently require novel approaches that leverage and/or further advanced engineering research in metallurgy and materials science.
- Interacts proactively with product development, sales, marketing and manufacturing. Leads activities with outside vendors and suppliers to accomplish project goals.
- Provides guidance and advice to management to change direction in an existing program or project if warranted by scientific or technological development.
- Acts as a mentor to other associates, helping them to develop excellent technical, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Serves as a technical expert for the company in the development and application of advanced heat treating technologies.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A track record of significant accomplishments in heat treatment and a process-related field.
- Six sigma green-belt or black-belt training.
- Good in-depth understanding and experience in bearing materials and metallurgy, materials science and characterization, material conversion and thermal treatment technologies.
- A Bachelor's degree in metallurgy, materials science or related field and 8 years of relevant work experience; or
- A Master's degree in metallurgy, materials science or related field and 5 years of relevant work experience; or
- A PhD in metallurgy, materials science or related field.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.