HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for growing the business by developing sales and ensuring that customers receive the highest level of service possible. Ensure that pricing and contracts are consistently, accurately, and ethically administered in a timely manner.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Establishes and achieves sales growth and profit objectives through the development, implementation, and monitoring of an annual sales plan.
- Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand sales volume and profit margin within the assigned customer base.
- Prepares a plan for each account to identify the customer's short- and long-term needs, as well as outlining specific goals to meet those needs.
- Contacts established and prospective customers to solicit orders. Primary means of contact is via telephone, though management may require face-to-face customer contact in some cases.
- Answers questions about products, prices, and durability. Prepares estimates and bids to meet specific needs of customer.
- Maintains a current and accurate base of product knowledge and applies that knowledge when servicing customers.
- Serves as point of contact for escalating issues or activities that the customer encounters during product implementation/utilization. Expedites the resolution of customer problems/complaints.
- Assists the Credit Department in obtaining information that enables the company to minimize risks associated with the extension of credit to customers. Engages in and supports collection efforts on past due amounts owed by a customer.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct 'customers' of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must past the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 2-3 years prior sales or telesales account management experience.
- Experience with sales contracts, conducting sales calls and closing sales.
- Must have a valid Drivers License and acceptable motor vehicle record to meet carrier requirements.
Job ID 2017-24772
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time