Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position has ownership of critical, global tax operations (financial reporting for income taxes and U.S. compliance), working for a U.S. based multinational with a significant global footprint. Reporting directly to the Vice President Tax, based in North Canton, OH, this position manages a team of tax managers and other professionals and succeeds through significant technical and interpersonal skills, judgment and decision making abilities, as well as throught the ability to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals. This position works closely with the corporate tax department leadership and finance teams around the world.
- Lead the preparation of the Company's global quarterly and annual tax provision: Work closely with the global accounting and finance teams to ensure timely and accurate preparation of ASC 740 income tax calculations (quarterly and annual tax provisions) for the U.S. and foreign affiliates. This includes documenting the Company's global effective tax rate, review of current and deferred income taxes, review of uncertain tax positions and the application of other complex tax accounting rules related to valuation allowances, equity compensation, intra-period tax allocation, interim reporting, etc. Also, this involves the preparation of required income tax disclosures pursuant to SEC regulations and oversight of internal control procedures.
- Oversee U.S. federal and state tax compliance and estimated payments: This involves directing efforts of tax managers and managing off-shore and out-sourced relationships to assign tasks, establish detailed timetables and review work product to ensure compliance with U.S. tax laws. This encompasses all aspects of income tax, property tax and sales and use tax compliance.
- Oversee U.S. federal and state tax audits and related matters: Work directly with tax managers and communicate with IRS agents to prepare responses to information document requests ("IDRs") and oversee the Company's compliance assurance program, i.e. CAP. Oversee state income tax, property tax and sales and use tax audits.
- Assist in the implementation of global tax planning strategies to minimize cash and earnings impact of tax expense: Work closely with the Vice President Tax and the global tax team to ensure coordination of the tax consequences of operations and business structuring. Assist in the identification of key risks coming from tax operations for compliance and financial reporting.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills
- Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules
- Focus on process improvement and internal controls
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Propensity to lead and mentor staff
- Great work ethic and integrity
- Ability to travel as necessary - less than 10%
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum 10 years corporate tax experience in industry and/or public accounting firm
- Technical knowledge of and experience with U.S. multinational entities
- Experience with US GAAP ASC 740 and SEC regulations required
- Experience with software programs such as SAP and ONESOURCE
- CPA or MST, a plus
Note: Title and compensation for this position will be commensurate to the experience level of the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.