Responsible for the setup and operation of one or more assigned mulit-axis CNC machine tools to produce component parts in accordance to engineering drawings, internal sketches, or other specifications provided by engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Performs diversified operations on numerical control machining centers.
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle or magazine.
- Loads programs in machine control console or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- Utilizes override control to correct conditions that are out of tolerance or operating unusually.
- Adjusts machine feed and speed and changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Machines materials other than metal, such as composites, plastic, and rubber.
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts.
- Performs machine maintenance
High School Diploma/GED; Associates preferred
3 Years CNC experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
95% of the time on feet and running multiple machines.
Ability to lift up to 25lbs
When over 50lbs utilize the proper lifting devices.
Repetitive movement is required such as twisting/bending, hand gripping, etc.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.