Manage On-Site Service team's operation of gas, chemical, and other equipment, utilizing Matheson Tri-Gas and other resources as necessary to accomplish customer's requirements in a timely manner. This position reports directly to the Manager of Field/Service/On-Site Service.
Work design: Manages a unit or function that is part of a larger function. Follows established organizational policies. Develops procedures; recommends policies. Decisions involve translating the Division's goals and objectives into unit objectives, defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning.
To execute the customer's & Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. policies and procedures to meet the operational requirements of the fab.To inform and instruct the site services team in proper methods and procedures.To support, implement, and train site service technicians in field services policies and proceduresTo implement and maintain technical and safety programs, operating records and documentation, and manage the sites PM program.Keeping/maintaining the equipment maintenance database, schedules, and procedures up to date.To recommend, support, and implement improvements to all gas & chemical equipment and related systems new or existing.To assure timely communications and reports with all team members (customer, subordinates, and Matheson Management).To maintain a high level of professionalism while continuing to gain specialized education and training.Perform other project and duties as assigned.Responsible for the stores overall operations.Receives and processes customer orders via phone, fax, e-mail, or in person for existing accounts.Creates shipping orders on line in a timely and accurate manner.Provides back-up to/for counter / inside sales / warehouse.Telephone and counter sales and order solicitation.Supports and promotes national alliance partners/preferred suppliers.Telephone solicitation for customers with scheduled delivery days.Follow up on quotations for customer requirements.Prints and reviews the daily/weekly/monthly reports. Recommends and takes appropriate corrective action.Supports Account Managers efforts to obtain and/or maintain customers by creating documents, price quotes, inter-store transfers etc.Receives and resolves customer complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction.Knows major customers and understands their requirements.Performs general housekeeping, stocking and merchandising of store. Implements locally all national promotions.Creates and maintains barcode price tags, shelf tapes and store signage.Provides process and product knowledge and equipment demonstrations to customers.Communicates sales opportunities to account managers.Ensures local application of store, sales, general and administrative policies and procedures.Actively promotes safety in all aspects of his/her responsibility.Ensures compliance with OSHA, FDA, and DOT regulations.Distribution and filling efficiency (if applicable).Handles all verbal, written reprimands and suspensions which include one on one counseling.Creating and receiving inter-store transfers.Handles customer or employee injuries.Responsible for stores end of the month closing procedures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry such as fractions, percentages, ratios, volume and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in a Matrix environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School degree or Equivalent.
- One to Two years related experience and/or training preferably in site/branch operations and/or package gas operations in the industrial gas industry; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
- Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
- Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability