Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time In-Process Inspector Technician with CMM programming experience at our Manchester, CT facility.
The In-Process Inspector Technician is responsible for inspecting and recording dimensions of aerospace components per process sheets, Inspection reports, Blueprints and applicable specifications utilizing specified gages and methods to ensure the quality requirements are met prior to presenting the final aerospace component to the customers.
- Fulfill daily responsibilities in a team based manufacturing environment while maintaining and upholding Timken's core values.
- Support manufacturing by measuring and assessing product quality using a variety of measurement techniques including: traditional surface plate layout techniques, variety of hand gauging methodologies and automated inspection equipment.
- Program and operate CMM machines.
- Timely and accurate product disposition, reporting and/or communication.
- Provide inspection services of product in accordance to defined requirements.
- Prepare document inspection reports in accordance with company policy, procedure or customer specific requirements.
- Independently perform first article inspections.
- Interpret customer specifications to part conformity.
- Maintain records in accordance to record retention policies.
- Present inspected/received parts to various customer representatives and resolve all customer questions or concerns.
- Support inspection operations by the development, support, qualification, maintenance and control of automated inspection programs.
- Provide customer support (internal or external) within areas of defined competence.
- Participate in internal auditing functions, as appropriate, to ensure effective organizational operations.
- Generate required documentation to ensure effective product traceability and record retention of inspection activities.
- Support organizational improvement activities by acting a team member in improvement functions.
- Support organizational departmental cross training initiatives by becoming cross trained in various skill blocks within the Quality function as defined and agreed upon by supervision.
- Act as a role model, coach and train new associates to foster a team environment
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Collaborate with all departments and assist with any technical issues.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Frequent twisting and bending.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants, and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- US Citizen or green card holder
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of inspection experience.
- Aerospace and/or precision manufacturing background required.
- Expert knowledge in print / specification interpretation, GD&T and corresponding measurement techniques
- Ability to program and operate CMM machines.
- Strong knowledge with ISO / AS9100 and AS9102 requirements and Auditing Skills
- Strong computers skills (MS Office).
- Industrial mathematics skills.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal form.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Fluent with computers and MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Fluent with traditional surface plat layout techniques and hand help gages.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.