Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is directly accountable for creating a competitive advantage through the development and management of a supply base that provides: quality products/services that meet/exceed specifications, world class service (on-time delivery, shortest possible lead-times, responsiveness), innovation and the lowest total cost.
- Supplier Relationships - Owns the overall supplier relationship. Monitors broad set of interactions at all levels of the organization, from day to day scheduling and delivery, to the exception management of quality issues, to long-term contract negotiations with supplier executives. Communicates clear expectations and provides regular feedback regarding performance, opportunities for improvement, and other business matters.
- Supplier Performance Management - Owns overall supplier performance. Communicates cost, quality and delivery performance expectations, monthly/quarterly results, and potential consequences, good and bad. Engages appropriate functional teams, as required, to fix and/or improve supplier performance, using problem solving and process improvement tools such as lean, pareto analysis, benchmarking, etc.
- Commodity Strategies - Owns the commodity strategy, including the supply chain design. Leads the development, implementation, and management of global commodity strategies.
- Strategic Sourcing - Uses the Timken sourcing process and/or conducts sourcing events to identify, evaluate, and select suppliers that support the commodity strategies.
- Project Management - Leads cross functional teams and/or collaborates with supply chain, supplier quality development, global metallurgical quality, engineering, process development, product management, sales, and operations to develop and implement tactics that support commodity strategies, business initiatives, and continuous improvement.
- Contract Management / Negotiations - Leads the development and management of contracts, price agreements, commercial terms, commercial issues, etc. Uses toolbox of negotiation methods and techniques to resolve issues and maximize benefits.
- Technology and Lean - Understands the supplier's process technologies, to ensure the best fit between Timken requirements and supplier capabilities. Works with supplier to optimize the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the total value stream.
- Capacity Management - Assures supply base has sufficient capacity to support Timken plant capacity. Works with Timken supply chain to define and execute the operating rules for internal and external capacity, when both exist.
TECHNICAL & FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Computer application/program skills (Microsoft Office)
- Project Management Skills
- Time Management Skills
- SAP knowledge(PTP, OTC, DWL)
- Analytical Skills
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.