DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for loading and unloading freight accurately, inventory control, rotation and inspection and other warehouse related duties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of freight to customers.
Assist the Supervisor and Manager maintain the operations of the warehouse facility by acting as lead liaison/ point of contact between Warehouse Manager and assigned areas of the warehouse. Provide direction to warehouse employees while performing individual warehouse responsibilities in a specific functional.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Load inbound and outbound freight to and from vehicles and containers
* Unload inbound and outbound containers and sort according to size of freight and destination
* Read, decode, and decipher freight coding in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
* Reconcile driver pick up and delivery manifests
* Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
* Perform cleanup activities in the work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock
* Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports
* Communicate work area needs to Warehouse Supervisor
* Determine daily tasks, workloads and coordinates staffing accordingly in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor. Delegate warehouse tasks in assigned area in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor
* Identify system or process issues and communicate those to Warehouse Supervisor
* Coordinate trucking transportation in and out of the warehouse
* Maintain quality standards for warehouse storage and service including communication to internal and external customers
* Maintain and ensure a safe working environment
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a senior level position. High school diploma or equivalent required. Generally prefer 2-5 years of experience. Must be familiar with OSHA regulations, able to operate a variety of equipment such as a forklift and a computer, and have strong organizational, inventory, and accounting skills. Good interpersonal skills required. Must be able to read, decode, and decipher freight coding; operate hand truck and fork lift; and in some cases perform tasks in inclement weather conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer