Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Based out of Montreal, QC, this Sales Engineer will provide sales support to a territory including Quebec and other areas of Eastern Canada. The successful candidate must be fluent in both English and French (written and spoken) and have previous sales experience in the industrial sector. A post secondary education majoring in Mechanical Engineeringwill be considered an asset.
- Manages assigned customer base or territory delivering high-impact customer presentations that focus on Timken capabilities and solutions, value proposition.
- Influences customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications.
- Facilitates customer interaction and coordinates with Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas.
- Obtains application details from customers (including new or atypical designs).
- Sales Plan Execution:
- Develops customer-based sales plan including; sales, won/lost business, pricing strategies and new business attainment.
- Actively gathers and submits customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process.
- New Business Development and Support of Current Business:
- Conducts industry or technology research to identify trends.
- Evaluates competitors' products and selling/market strategy.
- Proactively identifies opportunities that support market / growth strategies, including new products and services. This requires a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, customer base, market strategy, and business environment in a given market segment or Front End.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.