|Operations Development Program
North Canton, OH
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/22/17||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
The Timken Company Overview
We're passionate about developing technical solutions and services that enable our customers' equipment to run harder, faster and longer with enhanced durability and superior performance. We have more than a century of experience in materials science, and an even longer history in friction management. We have developed an unmatched expertise in mechanical power transmission, antifriction bearing design, tribology, metallurgy, precision manufacturing, metrology, and engineered surfaces and coatings. We offer our customers high-performance solutions tailored for the most demanding machinery.
What is the Operations Development Program?
An intensive a two-year program that is designed to provide broad-based exposure to Timken's manufacturing and supply chain operations. You'll be mentored by, and have significant interaction with, senior operations leaders.
The program consists of four challenging assignments, each six months in duration. The typical candidate will complete their first two assignments in one site then relocate to a second site for their third and fourth assignments. Occasionally, special assignments are utilized to provide further development. The assignments are designed to prepare the associate for a leadership position in bearing manufacturing and/or supply chain.
· Manufacturing Operations Supervision
· Quality Advancement
· Supply Chain
Examples of some recent project assignments include:
· Project leader for major product rationalizations
· Lead kaizen events and implement lean manufacturing processes
· Leading an improvement effort in Quality inspection processes, using Lean tools
· Supervision of critical component manufacturing processes
· Supply chain planner responsible to reduce inventory and improve delivery
· Develop and implement standard work on model line
Where Could I Work?
Initial assignment could be in any one of our U.S. manufacturing locations, including, but not limited to:
· New Hampshire
· North Carolina
· South Carolina
Upon Graduation of Program
The area of initial permanent assignment is determined upon completion of the two-year program based on the skills and abilities of the associate as well as business need. The post development assignment will either be in one of our manufacturing facilities or in a supply chain group in one of our U.S. locations.
Who are We Seeking?
We are seeking December 2017 or May 2018 college graduates with the following backgrounds:
· Bachelor's in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, materials science, manufacturing engineering, or supply chain management
· Manufacturing internships/co-ops and/or other engineering related internships preferred
· At least a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
· Possess leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extra-curricular activities,
or during employment.
· Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military
service, and prior work experience.
· Ability to learn quickly.
· Flexibility and adaptability.
· Demonstrated effective communication skills.
· Ability to relocate.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability,
sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.