|Continuous Improvement Engineer
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/24/17||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondel z International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
The CI Engineer position here in the Mondelez Chicago Bakery plays a critical role. As part of the Chicago team they will work with all levels of the organization. This individual gets to learn how a bakery is run on a daily basis, the details behind making delicious cookies and crackers, and they have a first hand in helping make improvements to our already top-quality products. The position allows for creativity, engagement in all areas of manufacturing, and an abundance of leadership opportunities.
Continuous Improvement Engineer
The position reports directly to the CI Manager/FI Pillar Leader and is a member of the Focused Improvement Pillar. The CI Engineer focuses on driving process and capability improvement to ultimately deliver breakthrough results and achieve the bakery goals. This role also plays an important role in leading and supporting cross functional teams though the preparation, execution, and follow up of continuous improvement projects. The CI engineer will help to implement change management principles at all levels of the organization, through coaching and engaging employees. In order to sustain results, this position will need to implement and train different functions on new tools (ex: standard work, TPM tools, data analysis) and ensure employee capability is being built. The position is instrumental in achieving the plant conversion productivity (non-capital) target by developing projects, ideas and best practices linked to the plant Loss Analysis. The CI Engineer will support the Business Unit Managers through participation in Daily Management System, problem solving initiatives, data analysis, metric reporting, and effective loss elimination.
• Leads, executes, and coaches continuous improvement projects
• Develops and applies necessary technical skills to deliver improvement results
• Coaches, trains, and develops team members at all levels of the organization
• Engages and builds capability in core team members
• Develops strong technical and analytical knowledge with the help of plant resources
• Maintains and creates appropriate documentation for reports, project execution, and data analysis
• Captures and communicates learnings to enable best practice replication
• Develops ownership and accountability in daily operations and plant results
• Executes and becomes an advocate for problem solving tools and root cause mentality
• Acts as a change agent in implementing IL6S (TPM) methodology in the organization
• BS degree in Engineering or a related field preferred
• Minimum of 2 years' experience (5 years preferred) managing process improvement teams in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in an established World Class Manufacturing facility (TPM, Lean, 6 Sigma or High Performance Work Systems) strongly preferred
• Strong problem solving and data analysis skills - Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Preferred
• Proficient experience delivering quantified results through cross functional teams - leading and coaching
• Training and Mentoring skills to develop Problem Solving capability
• Strong computer skills; proficient in the use of MS Office Applications, specifically Excel
• Experience with Minitab and other statistical analysis tools strongly preferred.
• Experienced and active in employee engagement activities
• Ability to work off-shifts and weekends as required by the business
• Ability to lead cross functional teams while building sustainable capability in the process and people
• Demonstrated ability to influence, engage, and coach employees across the organization
• Ambition to think outside the box, energize others, and embrace change
Mondel z Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.