|Continuous Improvement Engineer
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||11/24/17||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
Even if you're not familiar with our name, you've almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world's favorite snacks, we're passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondel z International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We're ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What's more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone's point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It's this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Continuous Improvement Engineer
The position reports directly to the CI Manager/FI Pillar Leader and is a member of the Focused Improvement Pillar. The CI Engineer delivers a clear understanding of the requirements for the continuous improvement process, requirements necessary to create a living culture that challenges the status quo and behaviors of all plant employees in order to deliver conversion productivity targets and support delivery of other functional goals (safety, quality, delivery, cost, etc). Plays a key role in plant continuous improvement roadmap preparation, execution, and follow up. Drives behavioral change across the plant, including support functions, through coaching and influencing employees. In cooperation with Human Resources, initiates and supports training and induction programs by using tools from the CI toolbox (team building, facilitation, QCDSM, Kaizen/changeover, etc.) to build sustainable employee capability. The position is instrumental in achieving the plant conversion productivity (non-capital) target by networking to fill the local pipeline with new ideas and best practices. Tracks and reports progress on conversion productivity in partnership with local Finance. Plant Champion for Lean Six Sigma and capability. Deploys effective Lean foundation elements TPM, standard work, job certification, etc. Supports Business Unit Managers by running effective QCDSM meetings, ensuring appropriate use of metrics and data to drive continuous improvement.
• Leads and executes breakthrough and continuous improvement Projects
• Develops and applies necessary technical skills to deliver improvement results
• Coaches, trains, and develops team members and other plant personnel
• Engages line/process/department personnel in all phases of improvement work
• Develops strong technical network with plant resources
• Maintains appropriate documentation including project charter, progress updates and final reports
• Captures and communicates learning to enable best practice replication
• BS degree in engineering or a related field preferred
• Minimum of 2 years' experience (5 years preferred) managing process improvement teams in a manufacturing environment
• Proficient experience using Lean Six Sigma improvement tools, minimum of 5 years' strongly preferred
• Experience in an established World Class Manufacturing facility (TPM, Lean, 6 Sigma or High Performance Work Systems) strongly preferred
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Strongly Preferred
• Training and Mentoring skills to develop Green Belts
• Strong computer skills; proficient in the use of MS Office Applications, specifically excel
• Experience with Minitab and other statistical analysis tools strongly preferred.
• Experienced and active in employee engagement activities
• Ability to work off-shifts and weekends as required by the business
• Ability to work assertively and effectively with a wide array of plant personnel
• Ability to challenge the status quo and to facilitate and influence change across wide array of plant personnel
• Demonstrated Leadership Skills
Mondel z Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.