DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Prepare price quotations on outbound air export freight
* Rate and route air export traffic
* Follow up with customers to resolve inquires
* Prepare and assemble all documents as necessary for air exports
* Prepare, route, and cut air bills and manifests
* Correct billings and issue debit and credit memos for customers
* Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to gateways
* Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent
* Communicate information and instructions to/from vendors
* Help research and resolve operational problems
* Other duties as assigned
* Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
* This is an intermediate level position.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Generally prefer 1-2 years of experience.
* Good interpersonal skills required.
* Knowledge of Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
* Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
Equal Opportunity Employer