DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Prepare price quotations on inbound international freight
* Rate and route international traffic
* Follow up with customers to resolve inquires
* Prepare, route, and cut airbills and manifests
* Correct billings and issue debit and credit memos for customers
* Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to gateways
* Expedite inbound import traffic to facilitate customs clearance
* Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service.
* Maintain close liaison with the  U.S. Customs Service and for various specialized U.S.  Customs clearance requirements.
* Key in  U.S. Customs entry line items into the Import CHB Computer System and submit entry to customs.
* Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
* Researching and resolving operational problems.
* Review all documents, contact all first-time customers, perform credit checks, and handle other tasks as needed.
* Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
* This is an intermediate level position.
* Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience.
* Good interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
* Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
* Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
Equal Opportunity Employer