DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Ensure outstanding service to import team by training, coaching and managing associates within team, overseeing workflow and work prioritization and by communicating directly with team
* Resolve workflow and special processing issues by maximizing productivity and resource allocation and by analyzing problems and communicating ideas and solutions to other supervisors and managers
* Ensure regulatory compliance by administering company policies and procedures and by establishing audit procedures
* Keep internal and external customers updated in regards to the arrival of shipments, any delays of their cargo, and when their shipments are available for pick up and/or delivery.
* Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service.
* Maintain close liaison with the  U.S. Customs Service and other government agencies for various specialized U.S.  Customs clearance requirements.
* Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
* Researching and resolving operational problems.
* Train new hires on departmental processes and procedures.
* Review all documents, contact all first-time customers, perform credit checks, and handle other tasks as needed.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
* This is a supervisory position.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
* Generally prefer 2 years of related supervisory experience.
* Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required. Knowledge of Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
* Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
* Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
Equal Opportunity Employer