DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for a variety of activities within a specific area or areas of human resource administration. Counsel employees concerning work related problems, provide managers with suggestions and recommendations to address personnel issues, and benchmark market practices. Perform various administrative and analytical assignments requiring strong knowledge of human resource market practices within specific area.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Use recruiting tools to recruit, screen, interview and assess candidates in cooperation with the Hiring Manager and HR Manager
* Perform a variety of administrative HR tasks to support the HR Manager and site operational managers
* Use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of human resources issues
* Responsible for analyzing, amending, and implementing existing programs, procedures, and plans related to specific area within human resources
* Perform staff support activities and analysis to develop, implement, and administer market-compatible human resource practices
* Communicate human resource practices to professionals within other functions and to management
* Provide analysis to more senior human resources professionals and human resources management
* Recommend solutions to existing issues based on common market practices
* Identify new areas of necessary involvement for human resources in business practices
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Assignment Complexity - Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Accountability - Use professional concepts and corporate policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
Impact of Decisions - Moderate impact on corporate operations and fiscal health.
Working Relationships - Regularly interact with peers and management concerning matters of diverse scope and discretion.
Scope - Work on problems diverse in scope. Normally receive no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is an intermediate level position.
* HR Generalist experience and/or HR education
* Solid interpersonal and analytical skills required.
* Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access skills preferred.
* Able to work with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
* Generally prefer 1-4 years of related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer