DB Schenker is the world's leading global logistics provider - we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world's most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Position Description Summary:
The primary responsibility is to pick product by layer for specific customer orders. This position will also require utilizing other powered material handling equipment, warehouse management system (WMS), and radio frequency (RF) equipment to load, unload, store, and retrieve products. All work must be completed in a safe, efficient, accurate, and damage free manner. This is done to meet customer orders/needs for products.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Certification on material handling equipment: Completing Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)training with attachments and successfully passing the testing procedure and receiving PIT license/certification to operate the material handling equipment
* Utilizing Warehouse Management System (WMS): Successfully completing required training for the use of WMS, which involves the use of the radio frequency unit (computer unit with physical keyboard). The WMS requires being able to read and understand the English language.
* Picking product:
* Picking product in designated layer pick aisle
* Individually lifting cases from weights of 5 to 50 pounds on a regular basis, everyday (up to 12 hour day). Heights will be as low as ground level to as high as six (6) feet.
* Picking requires you to lift, pull, push, and manipulate the product in many ways to enable you to get to the pallet and get the product onto the pallet.
* Continuously using a radio frequency unit during the assigned shift. This requires using a scanner, which is shaped similar to a handgun, with a squeeze type trigger to actuate. The radio frequency unit also requires using a physical keyboard to input information.
* All picking requires controlled lifting, turning, and twisting from low and high places.
* Meet or exceed established standards for safety, quality, and productivity.
* Must be able to meet a minimum cases picked expectation per hour. A training and development period will be set by management.
* Adhere to Schenker company policies
* Complete safety inspections of all equipment prior to use.
* Maintain equipment in a functional condition and reporting any unsafe operating conditions immediately.
* Verifying item numbers, case counts, code dates; removing damaged product from pallets and properly documenting and discarding of damaged product.
* Creating and maintaining a clean and sanitary working environment; and inspecting all trailers prior to entering to ensure safety and cleanliness.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
* This is an intermediate level position.
* Good interpersonal skills required.
* Position requires attention to detail.
* Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience.
* Must be familiar with OSHA regulations, able to operate a variety of equipment and have strong organizational, inventory and accounting skills.
* Must have the ability to work in a dry warehouse (not climate controlled)--- may be warm in the summer and cool in the winter.
Equal Opportunity Employer