Iowa City, IA
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||09/22/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:||319-339-2524|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||Entry Level||Mailing Address:|
Please download the application and applicable documents from our website at:
Qualified candidates may submit their application and applicable documents to
No resumes will be accepted without an application.
When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Position Description Summary:
Coordinates bulk forklift shift warehouse trailer loading and unloading and drop lot activities to ensure conformance to established procedures; coordinates but does not supervise.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Ability to perform various functions in RTCIS, including but not limited to; assigning and un-assigning trailers, cuts, substitutions, shuttle moves, regenerating orders, identify trailers, taking warehouse locations out of service, taking dock doors out of service, identifying damaged or unacceptable trailers.
• Responsible for timely shipments – assure that LRDT's (Load Ready Date Time's) are met.
• Responsible for determining and assigning shipments to best door location.
• Responsible for timely, accurate trailer movements within the drop lot.
• Ability to handle multiple inbound and outbound invoices.
• Responsible for monitoring dock activity from a CRT.
• Replace CHEP trailer when necessary.
• Assist in maintaining accurate records and metrics; audits as necessary.
• Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area, including but not limited to; RTCIS, APS.
• Prepares and maintains all required reports.
• Complete any required training and successfully pass/attain certification training for: Powered Industrial Trucks and any corresponding company required SOP training for this position.
• Flexibility in work hours and ability to work overtime and "off days" when necessary.
• Assists when necessary with front gate or visitors entrance duties.
• Assists with special projects as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
• Perform some repetitive motion activities
• Sit for long periods of time
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• High school or equivalent education.
• Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
• Be flexible and able to effectively coordinate personal to fulfill the daily requirements of receiving and shipment of product through the Bulk Operations.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Basic competence in all forklift operators duties and tasks
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
• Basic knowledge in Windows based programs
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Prior computer knowledge is helpful but not required