|Specialist - Fairs and Exhibitions
Des Plaines, IL
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||09/25/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||2 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
DB Schenker combines all transport and logistics activities of Deutsche Bahn, employing over 91,000 staff spread across about 2,000 locations in about 130 countries. With turnover of over 19 billion Euros, DB Schenker is a leader in air and ocean transport, in European land transport on road and rail, in contract logistics, as well as in a global supply chain management.
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for establishing, maintaining & selling international trade fair products.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Prepare price quotations for trade fairs
• Prepare all necessary documents for ocean/air freight exhibition shipments
• Co-ordinate with overseas offices to ensure all requirements are met for export/import shipments
• Maintain & service existing business and secure contact with new sales leads
• Accounting: issue billings and maintain accounts receivable
• Must be willing to travel
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Ocean and Airfreight Operations
• Strong computer software knowledge required
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents.
When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled