|Senior HR Generalist
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||09/25/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:|
Position Description Summary: Responsible for a variety of complex activities within a specific area or areas of human resource administration and/or management. Counsel employees concerning work-related problems; provide managers with suggestions and strong recommendations to address personnel issues, benchmark market practices, and present analysis/proposals to management for approval. Perform various administrative and analytical assignments requiring thorough knowledge of human resource market practices within specific area or areas.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
• Responsible for analyzing, amending, and implementing existing and proposed programs, procedures, and plans related to specific area within human resources
• Perform staff support activities and complex analysis to develop, implement, and administer market-compatible human resource practices
• Communicate human resource practices to professionals within other functions and to high-level management
• Provide detailed analysis to human resources management
• Recommends solutions to complex issues based on common market practices and careful SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis
• Identify new areas of necessary involvement for human resources in business practices and recommends strategic internal partnerships
• Ensures company compliance with applicable federal and state laws
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment
• Follows all SOP and safety guidelines
• Maintains a high level of quality in work performed
• Other duties as assigned
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a senior level position. Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required. Effective written and oral communication skills required.Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Generally prefer 3-6 years of related experience.