|Sr - Ocean Import Coordinator
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||09/28/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:|
DB Schenker combines all transport and logistics activities of Deutsche Bahn, employing over 91,000 staff spread across about 2,000 locations in about 130 countries. With turnover of over 19 billion Euros, DB Schenker is a leader in air and ocean transport, in European land transport on road and rail, in contract logistics, as well as in a global supply chain management.
This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing import administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for ocean shipments. Review contracts for required clauses and identifies omissions. Interface with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment. Select carrier for shipment of products and prepares documents for freight forwarders. Accurately perform all accounting functions related to the billing, distribution and collection of funds for the client's cargo.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Prepare price quotations on inbound international freight
• Rate and route international traffic
• Follow up with customers to resolve inquires
• Prepare, route, and cut air bills and manifests
• Correct billings and issue debit and credit memos for customers
• Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to gateways
• Expedite inbound import traffic to facilitate customs clearance
• Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service.
• Maintain close liaison with the U.S. Customs Service and for various specialized U.S. Customs clearance requirements.
• Key in U.S. Customs entry line items into the Import CHB Computer System and submit entry to customs.
• Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
• Researching and resolving operational problems.
• Review all documents, contact all first-time customers, perform credit checks, and handle other tasks as needed.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above, to Jonas.Welsch@dbschenker.com
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents. When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
This is a senior level position. Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience. Good interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards. Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule. Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval. High school diploma or equivalent required.