|Operations Manager - Bench Strength-Travel/Relocate
Fort Worth, TX
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||10/03/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:||DB Schenker
1006 Railhead Drive
Fort Worth/Haslet/Alliance Airport Campus, TX 76177
DB Schenker combines all transport and logistics activities of Deutsche Bahn, employing over 91,000 staff spread across about 2,000 locations in about 130 countries. With turnover of over 19 billion Euros, DB Schenker is a leader in air and ocean transport, in European land transport on road and rail, in contract logistics, as well as in a global supply chain management.
Job Title: Operations Manager - Bench Strength
Train in Fort Worth, TX – Travel when needed and relocate when new business is awarded
Reports to: General Manager and Regional Director
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for planning, organizing, budgeting, and implementation of all operations and logistical activities. Ensures that all operations and logistics functions are performed in a timely, cost-effective manner consistent with established corporate and client operations, procedures, and requirements.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Plan, manage and control all aspects of the operation and provide the highest level of service at the lowest cost
• Coordinate, manage and monitor the work at the site
• Liaison person to the General Manager, implement and manage operational plans
• Prepare and control operational budgets and control inventory
• Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the site
• Be proactive in the recruitment and training process, establish organizational structures, establish work schedules, supervise staff, evaluate and monitor performance of staff to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met
• Maintain and implement plans to establish productivity, safety standards, quality, cost control, and employee morale
• Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures
• Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Assignment Complexity - Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Act as advisor to unit or sub-units, become actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems.
Accountability – Provide immediate supervision or assigns tasks to a unit or group of employees. May provide general or direct supervision to exempt employees and/or skilled nonexempt employees. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks.
Impact of Decisions – Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
Working Relationships – Frequently interact with subordinates, outside customers, and/or functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
Scope – Receive assignments in form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined. Provide guidance to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure achievement of objectives. Administer company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommend changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• This is a management position. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
• Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
• Generally prefer 2 years of related supervisory or management experience.
Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Thank you for your interest in employment at DB Schenker.
Please download the application and applicable documents from our website at:
Send your application and applicable documents to Renee.Hirschenhofer@dbschenker.com
No resumes will be accepted without an application.
When applying, please reference the "Requisition Number" indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled