|Coord - Air Export Sr
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||10/05/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
|Position Description Summary:
Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments. Review contracts for required clauses and identify omissions. Provide customer support at the desk level to all internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, agents and government agencies to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment. Select carrier to be used for shipment and prepare documents for carrier.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Prepare price quotations on outbound air export freight
• Rate and route air export traffic
• Follow up with customers to resolve inquires
• Prepare and assemble all documents as necessary for air exports
• Prepare, route, and cut airbills and manifests
• Correct billings and issue debit and credit memos for customers
• Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to gateways
• Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service
• Communicate information and instructions to/from vendors
• Help research and resolve operational problems
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience
• Good interpersonal skills required
• Knowledge of Word and Excel
• Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards
• Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule
• Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above, to Steve.Meyer@dbschenker.com.
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents. When applying, please reference the Requisition Number indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled