|Client Services Lead
San Francisco, CA
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||10/05/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
|Job Title: Client Services Lead
Requisition Number: 17W035
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Manager, Account Support Team Lead
Prepared Date: September 28, 2017
Position Description Summary:
The Client Service Lead (CSL) is the external face for Schenker with our Ocean Customers. The CSL interfaces directly with the customer (and/or internal client services team / CSR) and serves as the point of contact for all operational and administrative activities associated with the customers assigned to them. The objective of the role is to optimize our business opportunities and the customer experience. The CSL understands the unique and critical aspects of our customers' business, including all ocean shipments (current/past/pending), the statistical and financial status of the Customer, and proactively works to identify and resolve operational issues and risks in real time. The CSL acts as the conduit between Sales and Operations by taking a lead in on-boarding the customer and ensuring that all internal and external SOP's are in place, understood by all parties, and updated as required. Finally, the CSL is a solutions provider for Customers and identifies and acts on opportunities to increase revenue by offering additional services, or forwarding potential sales leads to the appropriate Sales resource.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Act as the first point of ‘operational' contact for assigned customers. This is a customer facing role; frequent and positive interactions with the customer are required.
• Act as the first point of ‘operational' contact for assigned customers for internal Schenker departments, including operations (traffic and booking), origin services, sales, finance (credit exposure), pricing and senior management.
• Understands the customers' business requirements and current arrangements with Schenker, including products shipped, services provided (e.g. visibility), trade lanes, destination services, pricing, transit times and price/value sensitivities.
• Proactively identify potential issues and work to resolve as quickly as possible; proactively informs and provides updates to customers in the event of issues.
• Pro-actively ensures all services are being delivered according to established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Analyze performance problems in order to resolve systemic issues; monitor changes to ensure desired results; communicate issues/resolution/and subsequent changes to the customers and Management
• Depending on the account size, the CSL will be fully responsible for on-boarding new accounts including setting up and effectively communicating (internal and external) new and revised SOP's to the Operations and Booking groups.
• Work with other account stakeholders regularly and as needed.
• Identify the need and re-on-board existing accounts, as required; work with other account stakeholders as needed.
• Proactively identify opportunities to provide value to the customer by understanding their unique needs and solution-selling or up-selling additional services to suit their needs and assist them with their business requirements.
• Attend customer Monthly and/or Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) as required and appropriate; conduct business analysis on behalf of the customer in order to ensure that we are on-top of any percolating issues or pending needs
• Proactively updates customers in the event of operational issues that may affect their business.
• Act as audit control for Billing as required – ensuring that Billing is constructed in accordance with customer's unique requirements, and that Billing is up to date and correctly assigned etc.
• Manage customers' daily manual reports and general reporting requirements
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
• Demonstrated excellence in a Customer Service position, acting in an independent function to solve specific challenges and address customer needs.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent strongly preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills (proactive and reactive)
• Awareness of customer and company expectations on all customer service and performance issues
• Ability to think outside of the box and offer effective solutions
• Knowledge of MS-Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
• 2-3 years of industry experience preferred
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above.
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents. When applying, please reference the Requisition Number indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled