|Manager - Air Export II
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||10/10/17||Company:||Schenker, Inc.|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
|Position Description Summary:
Responsible for direction and management of export sales and service activities at station level or an assigned area.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Oversee and manage all export related activities in accordance with company policy and procedure
• Support sales department to develop and maintain export revenues
• Negotiate and monitor export rates and services to reduce operating costs and increase profitability
• Research and resolve customer complaints on export sales, service and operational issues
• Audit and research service performance issues and develop recommendation for improvement
• Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
• Select and place staff, ensure staff training and define specific job assignments
• Manage staff performance to ensure required level of productivity and organizational objectives are met
• Utilize effective communication skills / methods with internal and external customers
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel): This is a management position. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Generally prefer 2-4 years of related supervisory/management and export/international experience.
External Applicants - Please download the Application Form from our website at:
Internal Applicants - Interested individuals should forward their completed Internal Employment Transfer Application, found in the Human Resources section of the Schenker US Library, to the below contact person, and also inform their current Supervisor and/or Branch Manager of their interest in this position.
ALL Applicants should submit the appropriate application documents, as described above.
No resumes will be accepted without the required application documents.
When applying, please reference the Requisition Number indicated on this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled